Wednesday, February 25, 2009

personal rehab

I am working on my addiction to new cosmetics. I am refusing to buy anything new before I've used or determined I'm never going to use what is currently in my cabinet. REALIZATION: I realized today that for some reason, household cleansers are as addicting as a new cosmetic. I'm not sure if you all can relate. But, buying a new household cleanser (like the scrubbing bubbles thing you hang in the shower and all of a sudden, you never have to clean it again, or the new pods or whatever you pop on the side of the toilet bowl-has anyone used either of these? Do they work?) holds the promise of a clean and lovely house with none of the work, much like cellulite cream or eye cream holds the promise of youth, without all the yucky process of growing up that goes with it. I fear, I must learn to live with a less than spotless home, and learn to love the wrinkles I've earned. (How did they ALL get her in the last year?)

No comments:

Post a Comment