Monday, September 20, 2010

Chocolate fix-easier than cookies

I love a good muffin recipe. All the satisfaction of a cookie or cake, but with only 1 bowl to mess up. Here's a good one; I've made it so many times in the last couple weeks, that I set myself up with a few "mixes" of just the dry ingredients. Even easier! Just dump in a bowl, add milk, oil and egg and some vanilla, and in less than 20 minutes, you can be stuffing your face with muffins...as long as your oven is already hot. If I'd been on the ball enough, I'd have included a picture of my son with chocolate all over his face, as he likes to eat muffins top to bottom, holding them by the cup.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
From Penzey's (Rachelle Chong)

1 3/4 C AP flour
2tsp b. powder
2tsp b. soda
3/4 C sugar
1 C milk
1/3 C+2tsp veg. oil
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract
1 C semisweet mini chips (or what you have)

400 degree oven. Line muffin tins. Mix dry ingredients (I whisk) in large bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir just until combine. Fold in 3/4 C of chips-do not overmix. Pour batter into paper cups, about 2/3 full. (I use an ice cream scoop) Sprinkle muffins with remaining chips. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Cool on rack and eat warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment