Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bobby Flay/Giada

My husband was kind enough to get me two cookbooks of two of my favorite chefs for Christmas. I made a recipe from each one of them for dinner on Tuesday. I am VERY impressed with myself. Grilled asian marinated pork tenderloin-fresh ginger, lemon, jalapeno, sesame oil. And on the side (from Giada), of all things, kale. I looked up kale and it is ridiculously good for you. Kale, green beans, mushrooms, onions, all sauteed with red pepper flakes, wine, garlic, fresh lemon, and finished with parmesan. ALSO good reheated. I might be turning over a new leftover leaf. Again, I hope to add pictures soon...

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Giada fan! Is this her new cookbook? I have her first one, I think. I use it all the time. I've never had kale. It sort of frightens me. I would love to try that recipe!!
    I made a fantastic taco soup last night. Dan, who is usually a soup-hater, loved it. It's easy to make, easy to eat, and easy to freeze! I shall pass it onto you.

    ReplyDelete